Enter your personal details below:
Enter your account details below:
Walthamstow Tool Library (WTL) – User Agreement
These are the rules of the Walthamstow Tool Library (WTL). We need you to agree to these to become a member. We also want to tell you how the data that you share with us will be used. We are happy to answer questions about any of this. The best way to contact the Tool Library team is to email email@example.com or to visit us when the WTL is open.
To join the WTL, you are going to digitally accept this User Agreement. In doing so, you are confirming that you have read and understood all of the information below. You are stating to abide by the rules and that you are relinquishing all claims against WTL.
You are also confirming that you understand that if you don’t adhere to the rules, your borrowing privileges may be withdrawn and in extreme cases legal action maybe taken against you.
Tool Use and Borrowers Agreement
1. Walthamstow Tool Library (WTL) members must be aged 18 or over.
2. Before borrowing tools, you must:
(a) complete a membership application
(b) agree to this user agreement
(c) pay your membership fees
(d) confirm your identity and address in person at the WTL
You can verify your identity and address by providing both:
(a) a valid, government-issued photo ID, such as a passport or driving licence
(b) a second form of ID with your current address, dated within the last six months, such as a bank statement or utility bill.
3. By taking any tool you certify that you know how and are capable to use it properly.
4. Only WTL members are authorised to use WTL tools. You will not allow anyone else to use them. The member who borrows the tool is fully responsible for it.
5. Some tools use accessories (such as drill bits). Where tools are provided by WTL with accessories, you must return the tool with all accessories and inform WTL of any missing or damaged accessories on return. You may need to pay the replacement cost of missing or damaged accessories. Please ask if you would like more information about the accessories associated with any tool.
6. All tools borrowed must be returned to WTL during opening hours on the date and time specified, otherwise a late fee will be applied. We do not want to apply late fees, but other members rely on being able to borrow tools they expect to be available.
7. The late fee will be £1 per day, per tool until the tool is returned. Late fees are capped at the full replacement cost of the tool plus a £5 administrative fee per tool. WTL may replace significantly late tools, holding you responsible for the full replacement cost, plus a £5 administrative fee. Fines must be paid in full before borrowing further tools.
8. WTL will use all appropriate means to retrieve significantly late tools or unpaid fines and fees, including appropriate legal action.
9. Tools have to be reserved in advance.
10. You may borrow a maximum of three tools at any time. Maximum loan duration is one week.
11. You may renew borrowing each tool once if:
(a) you renew online by noon on the day before the tool is due to be returned,
(b) no other member has reserved the tool.
WTL may refuse or limit renewals based on demand, so that everyone can have reasonable access to the tools that they need.
12. It is important that we all make sure that tools are kept safe. You agree if any tool you have borrowed becomes unsafe, you will immediately stop using it and notify WTL on return (if not earlier), so that we can fix or replace it.
13. You agree you will return all tools in the same (or better) condition as you borrowed them, save for normal wear and tear. You agree you will return all tools clean and sanitised. You agree to pay for the loss of or damage to any item through misuse, and you agree to accept WTL’s reasonable assessment of condition damage, dirtiness, late return, and/or loss of items in part or in total. You agree that the amount we may ask you to pay could be as much as the full replacement cost of the item, plus a £5 administration fee.
14. WTL reserves the right to refuse the loan of any item at its absolute discretion.
15. Access to borrowing of WTL tools will be refused if you appear to be under the influence of any substances, legal or illegal. Your safety is our priority. Communication and protecting your data
Forest Recycling Project (FRP) are running the WTL and will have access to the information that you provide so that we can serve you. We will use the data to issue tools that you have borrowed, and to contact you with regard to your membership. We will ask to see proof of address and photo ID after you sign up and to verify who you are, typically when you first visit the WTL and before you borrow your first item. We won't keep a copy of this.
WTL would only have access to your card details if in future we use this system to accept payments from you in person and you wished to do that. myTurn will send you loan receipts. If you should want to disable loan receipts, you can do so by logging into your myTurn account and clicking ‘Disable email receipts’ under ‘Communication’.
FRP and WTL will use the data that our members provide to extract statistics to help us monitor and improve WTL. We will share this with William Morris Big Local, LB Waltham Forest (who own the building) and potentially other funders. We may use some of the data to tell you our members and the public how WTL is doing. None of this statistical information will contain anyones personal details, these will be kept private and secure.
FRP is running WTL until December 2021, by agreement with William Morris Big Local. At the end of that time, the hope and plan is for the WTL to continue as a sustainable community project. At that point, your membership information would be securely transferred to those who were continuing to run it. We would let you know about this in advance and you would have the right to withdraw your data. We will invite you to join the WTL email list (you can do that now here), so that you can receive news from the WTL.
You will not be subscribed to the newsletters unless you choose to do so yourself. This email list open to members and nonmembers, is hosted on Mailchimp, and can be unsubscribed from at any time. We may also pass on information to you about how to follow and get regular news from FRP and William Morris Big Local, should you wish to. If you want to disable our newsletters, you can do so by clicking ‘unsubscribe’ at the bottom of the email at any time.
If you have any unanswered questions about how FRP will use your data, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any further questions about the WTL, you can email email@example.com.
Already have an account?
Forgot your password?